[horde] cvs issues: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs

Chris Paul chris.paul at sentinare.net
Wed Feb 4 23:47:18 PST 2004

Dear HORDE users,

Hi, new to Horde here; please bear with me.

Sorry if this is not a Horde issue exactly, but google ain't helping
tonight.

I just rsynced the entire source tree:

rsync -AvC rsync.horde.org::horce-cvs /home/horde_cvs/

Now I set my CVSROOT and try to update:

export CVSROOT=/home/horde_cvs
cvs -q up -Pd

and then I get this:

cvs [update aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs: No such file or directory
cvs [update aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs: No such file or directory

Any clues to what I'm doing wrong? CVS stupidity or a problem with the
source. I download most of the software I use with CVS and have never
had this problem.

thanks,

CP