[horde] RE: LDAP problems "historical protocol version requested, use LDAPv3 instead"

Michael J. Pelletier mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com
Sun Feb 8 20:21:53 PST 2004

I set "$conf['auth']['params']['version'] = 3;" in horde/conf.php. This does not
work as I still get the message "historical protocol version requested, use
LDAPv3 instead" in LDAP's log file. I had to set "allow bind_v2" slapd.conf.
This works but, it still is using version LDAPv2. LDAPv2 does not understand
aliases and I use aliases in my LDAP tree. Can someone please look at this. It
has been driving nutts for months...

> Hello,
>
> I have not been able to get LDAP authentification working with Horde.
> In my ldap log file I keep seeing "historical protocol version
> requested, use LDAPv3 instead". Can someone help?

Set "version" in your LDAP configuration to 3.

Jan.