[horde] Setting up authentication via MySQL

webmaster at intrepiddesigns.ca webmaster at intrepiddesigns.ca
Wed Feb 11 09:04:02 PST 2004

Hey all,

I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to figure out how to make authentication
work via SQL. I have set up all the necessary databases, and added the entries
to the config files, and turned off imp authentication. Is the users password
plain text in the databse or does it use an encryption. How do I set up a new
user?

After entering a user into my MySQL horde_users table then logging in, I don't
get any error message. It just takes me back to the login page with nothing
changed to enter the password again.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Michael