[horde] Auth via Active Directory

mbrei-lists at carolina.rr.com mbrei-lists at carolina.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 16:17:06 PST 2004

> LDAP and/or Kerberos, used via nss_ldap, PAM, Samba, your IMAP
> server or
> configured as Horde authentication driver are possible options.
> We are
> doing it : Horde -> Cyrus imapd -> saslauthd -> Kerberos -> AD,
> with a
> Horde postauthenticate hooks to check membership to specific group
> via
> LDAP.

Most of this is over my head, but I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out.

> If you are looking for a "Authenticate against AD" button, there is
> none.

Didn't expect one.

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:36:07AM -0500, mbrei-
> lists at carolina.rr.com wrote:
> > I have 150 potential users for Horde but need to be able to have
> them log in with their domain account so that they're forced to
> change their password on a regular basis.
>
> This will need to be clarified.  Are you hoping to have people change
> their AD password within Horde ?

No, users change their domain password via Windows.  I just want to insure that users aren't leaving their horde password (eg. domain login) unchanged for months or years at a time.  As we all know, if password policies weren't strictly enforced by the OS or other methods, users would never change passwords.

Thank you all for your responses.  I'll give this my best shot and keep the list informed if you do so wish.