[horde] horde/test.php makes Apache crash

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 4 17:11:17 PST 2004

Quoting jeroen <jeroen at lankheet.com>:

> I can easily crash Apache with a segmentation fault by just chowning
> test.php to user apache.

Probably you php module is crashing apache.  test.php may (or may not)
be the trigger that causes php to crash, but it isn't test.php's fault.

> Putting it back to root gives me
> Warning: Unknown(/var/www/html/horde/test.php): failed to open stream:
> Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

chmod a+r test.php

> I already asked this before but only one person answered (he was not
> even on this list).
>
> What should I do?

Debug it.  Probably using gdb if you are running linux.  The php web
site (www.php.net) has instructions for how to debug this all.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics