[horde] turba contact list location?

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Thu Mar 11 06:12:18 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:16:23 -0600, "Galactic" <galactic at galacticzero.net>
wrote:

>Ok, will those scripts look to the old or new locations? If the new..
>then how do I dump the stuff from the old database?

Please keep your replies on the list, not in personal emails. Thanks.

Run 'mysqldump' on the old machine.  Copy the output file to the new machine
where you've created the database and tables using the scripts that come with
the horde pieces.  Edit the dump file to remove the table drops and creates,
retaining only the "use..." and "insert..." parts.  Use the 'mysql' command to
use the resulting file to insert your old data into the new tables.

That's how I restored my data when, in the process of learning about mysql, I
sort of accidentally deleted most of my data.

By the way, make sure you back up those tables.  I use the mysqldump command,
running in cron, to make a daily dump. It's not the most elegant solution, but
it works for my little world:

  0 0 * * * export test2;declare test2=`date|cut -c 1-3`;mysqldump
--all-databases -prootpasswordheret >
/root/sql-backup/all_databases_$test2.sql

--
   Steve