[horde] new install score

Keyser Soze keyser_soze at usa.com
Sun Mar 14 20:04:38 PST 2004

I now have installed the latest (as of Friday) HEAD versions of horde, horde framework, hermes, imp, ingo, kronolith, mnemo, nag, passed, thor, trean, and turba.

I have some unresolved issues below.  Please let me know if I should address each issue in a separate message/other list.  I will give my system specifics at the end.

horde - easily installed;  Last login always showes never.  How can I correct this?

framework - ran into issue of not installing under /horde directory.  Noobe error but I did not see anything  to tell me otherwise.  It's installed now though!

hermes - I get "There are no clients which you have access to" and there does not seem to be anyway to add them. (SQL issue?)

imp - choosing imp generates this error in /tmp/horde.log: HORDE [error] [nag] not supported [on line 282 of "/horde/horde/nag/lib/Nag.php"] - This seems to be a pear error but I can not tell what the issue is.
Other then the above issue, imp seems to be working fine for me.

ingo - seems to be working but have not put it through any major testing yet.

kronolith - bringing up kronolith gives the following error in the horde.log file: HORDE [error] [kronolith] not supported [on line 1175 of "/horde/horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php"]  It seems to work but I have not tried shared calendars (it seems the error is related to shared calendars)

mnemo - I can list all my notes (0) and have no option to create new ones.  Generated this error:HORDE [error] [mnemo] not supported [on line 102 of "/horde/horde/mnemo/lib/Mnemo.php"]
 (again looks like a mysql error)

nag - same problem as with mnemo.  I can list all 0 tasks and have no option to create them.  Error generated in log file: HORDE [error] [nag] not supported [on line 282 of "/horde/horde/nag/lib/Nag.php"]

passed -  works!

thor - seems to work.  Have not put it though any substantial tests

trean - I try to add but it says 'no categories defined'  I can choose new subcatagory but it does not seem to retain it.  No errors generated.

turba - seems to work just fine.

Here are some specifics on my system:
Fedora Core 1

horde/test.php reveals:

Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.0-cvs

Horde Applications

      Notice: Undefined index: fileroot in /var/www/html/mail/horde/lib/Test.php on line 601

      Notice: Undefined index: fileroot in /var/www/html/mail/horde/lib/Test.php on line 601
    * Hermes: 0.1-cvs
    * Horde: 3.0-cvs
    * Imp: 4.0-cvs (run Imp tests)
    * Ingo: 1.0-cvs (run Ingo tests)
    * Kronolith: 2.0-cvs
    * Mnemo: 2.0-cvs
    * Nag: 2.0-cvs
    * Passwd: 3.0-cvs
    * Thor: 0.0.1-cvs
    * Trean: 0.1-cvs
    * Turba: 2.0-cvs (run Turba tests)

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * View loaded extensions
    * PHP Version: 4.3.3
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 3
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: Yes
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes
    * GD Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * Iconv Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: Yes
    * Mbstring Support: Yes
    * MCAL Support: No
    * Mcrypt Support: No
    * MIME Magic Support: No
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * OpenSSL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * XML Support: Yes
    * Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * memory_limit disabled: No
      If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high enough Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP memory limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If this is not possible, then you should set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value of memory_limit: 200M).
    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes

Required Horde Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: Yes
    * config/html.php: Yes
    * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
    * config/nls.php: Yes
    * config/prefs.php: Yes
    * config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 5
    * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

    * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):  .:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear
    * PEAR: Yes
    * Recent PEAR: Yes
    * Mail_RFC822: Yes
    * Mail_Mime: Yes
    * Log: Yes
    * DB: Yes
    * Net_Socket: Yes
    * Date: Yes
    * Auth_SASL: Yes
    * HTTP_Request: Yes
    * File: Yes
    * Net_SMTP: Yes
    * VFS: Yes
    * XML_SVG: Yes
    * Services_Weather: No
      Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the portal page.

-Eric