[horde] several problems with HEAD

Emre Yildirim ey at ieee.org
Wed Apr 21 20:07:50 PDT 2004

Hello,

First let me thank the horde developers for such a great product.  I've obviously
been missing out on a lot of things using squirrelmail.  I do have a few problems
though.

I'm using HEAD-2004-04-20 for the following components:
framework, horde, ingo, imp, kronolith, nag, turba, mnemo

Problem 1:
I can't seem to update IMP mail settings.  When I go to change the default 20
messages per page display to 80, it says "Your options have been updated."  When I
Options->Mail->Mailbox Options, it still shows 20 for messages to display on one
page.

Problem 2:
Notes, Calendar entries and Bookmarks do not show up after I input them.  I.e. when
I add an event to Kronolith, it will not show up on the calendar.  If I create a
note in mnemo, it will still say "no notes" after I'm done saving it.  I've checked
the horde database and the entries ARE in there under kronolith_events and
mnemo_memos, but they will not show up in the actual Calendar/Notes.  I'm not having
this problem with Turba.  When I create a new contact, it actually shows up.

Problem 3:
I only see "INBOX" in IMP, but in squirrelmail I have about 12 folders.  I've read
in the FAQ that I have to change some variables, but I don't know the format.  Does
anyone know?

Problem 4:
Yesterday, nothing in my INBOX showed up.  The entries were there, but blank.  No
titles, just colorful rows of blanks.  Today this problem did not come up, but I was
wondering what could have caused this.

I suspect that there is a problem with the database somewhere.  Maybe a permissions
problem?  It can connect to the database just fine, and so far I have not had ONE
php error.  Everything works like a charm, except the above stuff.  The 'horde' user
has ALL PRIVILEGES with GRANT option.  As I said, the entries I make DO show up in
the mysql tables, but they don't show up when I go into the actual application.
I've tried pressing refresh, logging out, clearing my browser cache, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any help, hints or pointers, and again thanks for all the
good work on this project!