[horde] Where does the Address book reside?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Apr 22 07:38:13 PDT 2004

I did not answered earlier because I am not familiar with PSA7 (whatever
that is).  I see nobody else answered, so I will give it a shot.

Usually, personnal address book are kept in an SQL database.  The name
of the database is (default) horde, and the table that keep the contact
information itself is called turba_objects.

How you would salvage the database from your damaged depend on the SQL
databse.  I suppose this is MySQL; if it is the case, the database file
are located in /var/lib/mysql/.  If you take the horde/ subdir there,
and drop it in the /var/lib/mysql dir of your new server and restart
MySQL, your Horde database should be available again.  Of course, if you
use another database server (ie PostgreSQL), this would be different.

Maybe your user's prefs where also kept in the SQL database; if this is
the case, you would notice that all the prefs of your users (like custom
identities) are also lost.  You could restore these just like explained
above.

YMMV, as I am not entirely sure about you are setup.  Please follow up
with any questions you may have.

Good luck!