[horde] passwd module

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:44:39 PDT 2004

Quoting Frank Zhang <fzhang at hsc.unt.edu>:

> Hi:
>   the passwd module in horde is, when you want to change password, you
> need to know the original password, then assign a new password.

Correct.

> I saw some
> sites, when user forgot their password, then they can submit in some hints
> such as "what is my pet's name", then you can change password, or the
> password will be mailed to you ?

Yes, lots of sites do that (not that *I* do, but lots of sites do).

> what module can do that ?

No horde module supports that at this time.

> Or,how can I
> accomplish that ?

You would need a backend that supported it (either a backend that stores
passwords in plain text or a decryptable manor so you can email it, or
a backend that saves hint info for passwords) and then you would need to
modify (or have someone else modify) the password code to handle that backend.

I don't know of any standard backends that do password hints, though several
can store plain text passwords...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics