[horde] Re: Documentation help

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 23 11:02:15 PDT 2004

Quoting Barsalou <barjunk at attglobal.net>:

> As far as the wiki goes, I just thought it would be a good place for
> many people to participate in the documentation process, however, I see
> that there are problems getting this information to possibly be included
> in the files as well.

Wiki is great for multi-person participation for developing docs.  But it
isn't appropriate as the end-medium for some docs.  It may well be appropriate
to develope a doc in the wiki, then export it when it reaches maturity
to the target system.

It is best used, in the above type of system, for creating new docs, rather
than updating existing large documents.

Also, we have CVS, which also allows for multiple people to work on the
docs together.