[horde] Services_Weather & METAR on portal page

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Apr 23 16:33:31 PDT 2004

Alexander Wirtz graciously sent me the next version of Services_Weather (v1.3)
for testing. Among other things, this version adds TAF (basically, forecast)
information to the METAR data. It's going to be awesome for new/student
pilots; speaking for myself, I find the raw TAF data nearly indecipherable,
and this parses it to plain language.

Anyway, I've been incorporating it into the METAR block on the portal page (so
far, I haven't found any bugs; *great* work, Alexander!), but user interface
design is probably my weakest programming quality.

So, I've posted some screenshots of what I have so far:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/remery/hordeMetarTaf1.jpg

http://home.cfl.rr.com/remery/hordeMetarTaf2.jpg

Please take a look; any criticisms and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

P.S. Because it nearly doubles the size of the block and won't be useful to
everybody, I've made the display of TAF information optional; it's a checkbox
in the configuration block of the portal layout.

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"
                                              -- Leonardo Da Vinci