[horde] Sessions won't use cookies

Brandon Macdonald horde at asskicking.com
Sun Apr 25 13:16:59 PDT 2004

I've noticed just recently that despite being set up to default to cookies (as
per normal) my horde install refuses to use them.  I set use_only_cookies in
php.ini and instead of cookies being used for the session handling I simply
could not log in anymore (it timed out).  This certainly explained why it was
falling back on using the URL before.  Both before and after setting
use_only_cookies horde does make a request to store a cookie, though.  This is
not just my computer, this is all of my users who are experiencing this as well
so I am assuming I have done something wrong on the server end.  Other php
applications on the same server use cookie based session handling fine.

If anyone has any explanation as to why this would happen it would be very
helpful.  I am using:

horde 2.1-3
php 4.2.3-4
imp 3.1-2