[horde] strange problems installing HEAD

palito at cicciociccio.com palito at cicciociccio.com
Thu Apr 29 02:02:33 PDT 2004

>Zitat von palito at cicciociccio.com:
>
>> hello
>>
>> i got some problem installing horde HEAD.
>>
>> I tried to install it on two different machines, A and B.
>> They're both FreeBSD (A is 4.x and B 5.x), same
>> apache and php versions, same horde package
>> from cvs, same installation procedure (following
>> horde/docs/INSTALL).
>>
>> A is a server, B a test machine. Their apache setup
>> differs apparently on the only fact that A runs stuff
>> under virtualhosts (horde has foo.bar.com/horde), B
>> has horde under the documentroot (dr/horde).
>>
>> On B, I correctly get the login page, and can access
>> admin/ and other services.
>>
>> On A, I also correctly get the login page, but when I
>> try to access "Administration" or any other service from
>> the menu I get the following error:
>>
>> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
>> /usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php on line 641
>>
>> trying to comment the whole if() block that condition belongs to
>> i get an expectable "Forbidden" fatal error.
>>
>> Since horde is still to configure, I'm not even able to track the problem. >
>> Can anyone help? Any help is appreciated.
>
>You didn't setup a DataTree backend on server A.

but I did neither on B! If I create the sql backend, and try to setup horde/config/conf.php by hand with

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['driver']['params'] = array(
        'phptype' => 'pgsql',
        'hostspec' => '127.0.0.1',
        'username' => 'horde',
        'password' => '********',
        'database' => 'horde',
        'table' => 'horde_prefs',
        'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'
);

I get the same error, still on line 641.
As a brief note, with horde3-alpha (package from ftp)
i didn't get this error, but I was asked for login any
page I browse on.

I don't know if datatree is for that yet, but isn't that
Registry.php - line 641 something related to Auth ?

thanks

Spazio ILLIMITATO per la tua Email, Scanner Antivirus,
Antispam, Backup e POP3. Prova la nuova Email di superEva:
http://webmail.supereva.it/