[horde] Mottle / Midas ?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun May 9 11:06:53 PDT 2004

Quoting Joe Jenkins <joe at nerdnet.com>:

> Just a question about the functionality of Mottle (MOTD) and Midas
> (advertising) modules... Shouldnt Mottle display the current MOTD on the
>   main login screen of Horde?

It should be, eventually, such that you could display it anywhere.
But it is still very young, and not anywhere near full functionality yet.

For now, you should be able to place a link on your login page to a
guest accessible version of mottle, so that people can get to it from
your login page.

You can also try to make it a block on your login summary page so you
see it directly after login.

> It used to be an motd.php file you could
> edit but it would be much nicer if the admins could set up the current
> MOTD via mottle and have it display on the login page (during the
> appropriate time period as set up in mottle.)

It *may* evolve to that someday, but it is no where near that yet.

> I know both of these projects are still under development, I am just
> curious if this functionality may ever exist.  Thanks for such a great
> piece of software, it truly is amazing!  I've been using it for several
> years now =D

It might, but then again it might not.  The future of mottle is uncharted.