[horde] data in sql backend

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu May 13 08:32:29 PDT 2004

Quoting Vilius Sumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> If so, wouldn't it be wise to have an option to disable all history? Why this
> data is so important that it has to be saved?

We track creation date, last modified date, and deleted date for all contacts,
tasks, notes, and calendar events. Aside from being occasionally of use to the
mythical "end user", this will let us efficiently figure out what data is
changed when we do things like syncing, and who knows what else could make use
of it.

I don't think it would be "wise" to disable all history. If you hate it, just
purge the table nightly.

-chuck