[horde] Re: Problem with Server name local LAN and Internet

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Tue May 18 08:18:41 PDT 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von andreas oster <aoster at novanetwork.de>:
>
>> Hello horde-users,
>>
>> I have run into a little problem with my horde installation.
>>
>> Users from inside our company should access the server with
>> his real name (http://servername.our-local-domain/horde) on port 80.
>> Users from outside can only access the server with https
>> through our firewall. The port 443 is NAT-ed from one of our
>> global addresses to its real local LAN IP. To access the server
>> we have a special webmail DNS entry. The problem is, that when
>> someone connects to the server the url in the browser is
>> rewritten with the local LAN server name, which is obviously
>> not working for users outside of our local LAN. Is it possible
>> to have different server names/URLs for local LAN and Internet ??
>

> Replace $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] with whatever returns the correct host name
> for all cases in registry.php or conf.php (depending on your Horde
> version).
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting.php
Dear Jan,

thank you for your answer.
But now I have another question :)  If I get you right it is possible to
assign two/multiple values to $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']. I looked in the
conf.php for an instruction how to do this but unfortunately there was
no explanation. Do I have to do something like

$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] = array('LAN-name', 'web-name'); ???

best regards

Andreas