[horde] passwd module

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 24 19:18:42 PDT 2004

Quoting Frank Zhang <fzhang at hsc.unt.edu>:

>   Can somebody give me more information ?

You need to ask specific questions.

> If you are doing this: password
> hint feature, that is, if somebody forgot their password, their password
> will be mailed to their alternative email address, how do you implement
> that, do you use LDAP as backend? or sql server? PAM ?

You use what ever backend the password is already using, if possible.
If the passwords are stored in sql, then you store the hint+address in sql.
If the passwords are in ldap, you store the hint+address in ldap.  If you
use some method like smb, then you probably don't support hints.  It might
take some thought to figure this kind of stuff out for different drivers,
and you may need to just provide the code for one backend driver and let
others port it to the other applicable drivers.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!