[horde] VERY slow login...

mercury at appisolutions.net mercury at appisolutions.net
Tue May 25 14:54:20 PDT 2004

Quoting Chip Bell <cbell at msbv.com>:

> LOL, sorry.  What package is the imap, exactly?  I installed via
> toaster, so I guess I'm not quite sure which package to get.  I guess
> the package name..or how to find what it is would be best.  Do I get a
> newer courier IMAP or what?  I'm pretty new to this stuff, but trying my
> best to
>
> A.  Not annoy the "in the know" people w/ dumb questions
> B.  Learn as much as I can.
>
> Thanks..

A. You can get a newer version of the courier imap server[1]. There is also the
cyrus imap server[2]. I have also heard of success with a server called
dovecot[3]. Gentoo also has a server call bincimap[4] available. And still yet,
there is the ever faithful uw-imap server from washington university[5].