[horde] Solution:: HELP!! disclosure of files that contains sensitive data

sandra hernandez sandra at fib.upc.es
Wed May 26 08:43:33 PDT 2004

Hi,
                                                                                    Thanks Jan. You are rigth, is an IMAP issue..
Browsing UW-IMAP documentation I found this:
                                                                                    > Suppose you want to disable non-namespace access to the filesystem root and other users' names, but do not want to go to the extreme of chroot() and you want to allow access to a traditional UNIX format INBOX in the mail spool directory.  You need to change variable restrictBox, changing the line which reads:

   static short restrictBox = NIL; /* is a restricted box */
    to be:
   static short restrictBox = -1;  /* is a restricted box */ <

                                                                                 I change this and the problem is corrected by now.
                                                                            But, I have another question. How can anyone exploit this "bug" to move/execute files?
I know that anyone can display files, but It seems that anyone can also
move,delete,etc www's files without have accounts passwords.
                                                                                    Any help would be very apreciated,

Sandra