FW: [horde] VERY slow login...

Chip Bell cbell at msbv.com
Thu May 27 07:32:11 PDT 2004

Well, it's happening again.  I really need some help with this.

So far, I've increased the load on the xinetd as instructed..

Turned up the apache config to
 Min serv 40
Max serv 60
Child prc 2000
Keep alive "off"

I just don't know where to look for errors or what to fix..again.

When users try to login, the authentication takes forever.  It seems
that if multiple people are trying to login...they'll all get through at
the same time.  Once logged in, horde flies.

Please help.  This is a production box and I'm on day 4 of this.
Yesterday turning up the xinetd (cps  2000 60) helped for a while, then
it bogged down.  I turned it up to (cps 3000 60) and it helped for a
while too.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest.