[horde] conf.xml and versions(?)

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Fri May 28 15:13:13 PDT 2004

Quoting mercury at appisolutions.net:

> I love being able to use the horde default database settings... But, I
> mooched a
> copy of conf.xml and modified it for my own hordeapp. After i create the
> configuration file, the configuration editor still says:
>
>  No version found in original configuration. Regenerate configuration.
>
> I didn't really make any drastic changes from the original (thor's conf.xml),
> and thor doesn't give me this error either... Does anyone know what is going
> on?

Yes. It is primarily an indicator to admins that the underlying .xml file has
changed (eg. after a CVS update). It is tracked by embedding the CVS version
number of the .xml file into the .php when it is generated and then comparing.
Since you have your own hordeapp, you probably don't have a CVS version
embedded in the .xml to use. If you do use CVS, just set it up for inserting
the versions.
Otherwise feel free to suggest anything that may improve this for people using
their own hordeapps, or even a patch...

m.

--
Marko Djukic