[horde] Fwd: [core] Phantom events/tasks in nag/kronolith, and horde datatree.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 2 09:14:04 PDT 2004

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von kyrian at ore.org -----
    Datum: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:03:37 +0100
    Von: Kyrian <kyrian at ore.org>
Antwort an: Kyrian <kyrian at ore.org>
 Betreff: [core] Phantom events/tasks in nag/kronolith, and horde datatree.
      An: core at horde.org

Hi,

Apologies for the almost certainly misdirected email, but I reckon this
is the best guess, in the absence of being on the nag, horde, and
kronolith mailing lists.

Basically I've struggled for days to get kronolith/nag working okay in
the latest alpha incarnations (although IMP/turba worked pretty much
fine throughout). It's now working okay it seems.

I'd checked and re-checked my configuration, manually merged old
(manual) and new (XML generated) configurations in case of missing
sections, searched relevant mailing lists, etc. finding in the process
numerous accounts of lost events/tasks in nag/kronolith, but no real
answer.

I'd found nag to be inserting events fine with the SQL driver, but when
looking to get them out again, querying the datatree driver, and ISTR
similar things happening with kronolith.

So, anyway. Nothing worked, until I set the datatree driver to "none",
at which point it all burst into life.

I can see no reference in mailing lists to this being mentioned before
and thought I'd report it in, and I couldn't really find much
information about what datatree actually *does*, so it made it hard to
track down the problem. Perhaps this conf.xml method of generating
configuration could be modified to include the comments that used to be
in the file? They were the most useful things in prior versions to work
out what was where, and they are sadly absent in newer versions...

Anyway, keep up the good work. Hope that little bit of info helps.

If I can be of any assistance in debugging the cause of this more
precisely, please feel free to email me, and I'll see what I can do.

Yours,

Kev.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian. E: kyrian&#64;ore.org WWW: http://kyrian.ore.org/