[horde] Re: Problem with Text_Wiki?

Paul M Jones pmjones at ciaweb.net
Tue Jun 8 14:27:17 PDT 2004

On Jun 8, 2004, at 4:03 PM, Paul Wagland wrote:

> OK... I have started to look at the problem. I have figured out what
> the first
> change required is... get rid of the configuration array. So far so
> good ;-)
>
> This solves the problem of not being able to view pages, however, of
> course,
> this leads straight to a new problem... there is no configuration, and
> so
> Text_Wiki is putting up the wrong links for creating a new page, and
> it cannot
> find the pages to link to.

Most of the useful configuration bits have moved to
Text_Wiki::setRenderConf().  Does that help?

> I am guessing that I need to extend Text_Wiki_Render_Xhtml_Wikilink
> with a
> Wicked_Render_Chtml_Wikilink (or some such), but I am not sure how to
> proceed.

That sounds right, provided you are using the Text_Wiki distro Wikilink
parser.

For your custom renderer classes, you'll need a starting directory
(we'll call it "X") and then have subdir called "Xhtml".  IN that you
will have your "Wikilink.php" render class called
"Text_Wiki_Render_Xhtml_Wikilink".  Call Text_Wiki::addPath('render',
'X') to add that starting directory to the search paths for Text_Wiki.

(Yes, I know, it's a mess.  That kind of structure was the only thing I
could come up with to handle all of: custom renderers, distributed
development, independence of parsers from renderers, and independence
of formats from the parsers-and-renderers.)

Let me know if I have turned your brain to mush yet.  :-)

--

Paul M. Jones

Savant: the simple alternative to Smarty for PHP.
http://phpsavant.com/

DB_Table: build RDBMS tables and XHTML forms in one PHP class.
http://wiki.ciaweb.net/yawiki/index.php?area=DB_Table

Yawiki: a collaborative online documentation system.
http://wiki.ciaweb.net/yawiki/index.php?area=Yawiki

Yawp: a single-file foundation for PHP applications.
http://phpyawp.com/