[horde] Transient Login problems

Alex Copeland copeland at abacinate.com
Thu Jun 10 09:43:29 PDT 2004

I have spent the last week trying to install Horde and IMP on my virtually hosted account.  I have tried installing the latest versions and the stable versions - every time my install ends up not letting me log in.

I am using IMP authentication - all works well upon initial install.  Then after a while I can't login anymore.  I'll enter my username and password and nothing will happen when I hit the "log in" button: it looks like its going to login (the hourglass cursor), but just comes back to the main login screen.

I have tried this in IE and Firefox on Windows XP and Fedora Core 1.  The behavior is the same.

I have installed Horde about 4 times thinking that I must have missed something.  If I completely remove my install - MySQL tables and all, then reinstall everything, everything will work for a while (a day or two).  Then it just won't let me login.  Very frustrating.

The log doesn't seem to log anything when I can't log in.

Right now, I am running Horde 2.2.5 and IMP 3.2.1

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?  I can make a demo account available if anyone wants to help me troubleshoot.

Thanks.

--Alex