[horde] LDAP v3

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jun 15 09:55:18 PDT 2004

Quoting Andrew Coleman <mercury at appisolutions.net>:

> So for the past day and a half or so, I have been trying to get LDAP
> user authentication working. I managed to get the users to log into the
> console and ssh just fine. Getting Horde's LDAP authentication was quite
> a bit more complex, being as how OpenLDAP doesn't include LDAPv2 support
> by default. After watching the output from slapd, i figured out that
> Horde is using LDAPv2 to communicate with the server. Is there any way
> to allow LDAPv3 support? I have looked (briefly) at the php dox for LDAP
> and have found nothing in the way of specifying a protocol...

I have an allow bind_v2 in my slapd.conf file

ed
        allow <features>
               Specify  a  set  of features (separated by white
space) to allow
               (default  none).   bind_v2  allows  acceptance  of
LDAPv2  bind
               requests.   Note  that  slapd(8) does not truly
implement LDAPv2
               (RFC 1777), now  Historic  (RFC  3494).
bind_anon_cred  allows
               anonymous  bind when credentials are not empty
(e.g.  when DN is
               empty).  bind_anon_dn allows  unauthenticated
(anonymous)  bind
               when DN is not empty.  update_anon allow
unauthenticated (anony-
               mous) update operations to be processed (subject to
access  con-
               trols and other administrative limits).