[horde] LINUX version

Wang, Yu ywang at unf.edu
Wed Jun 30 07:31:20 PDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:56 pm, Frank Zhang wrote:
> Hi:
>   We plan to deploy HORDE into production environment. I need to make
> decision to use RedHat Fedora or RedHat Enterprise LINUX ES for LINUX. In
> development environment right now, I am using Fedora, what kind of linux
> do you use in your production environment? would you please share your
> thought to help me to make this decision.

Locally built Linux here with Apache2 and PHP4. As long as you keep the apache and PHP environment same, you should have no problem moving horde from testing server to production server.

--Yu Wang

Information Technology Services
University of North Florida
(904) 620-2820

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:56 pm, Frank Zhang wrote:
> Hi:
>   We plan to deploy HORDE into production environment. I need to make
> decision to use RedHat Fedora or RedHat Enterprise LINUX ES for LINUX. In
> development environment right now, I am using Fedora, what kind of linux
> do you use in your production environment? would you please share your
> thought to help me to make this decision.

It simply doesnt matter. Linux is Linux in this regard. If you're used to
fedora, go with it.