[horde] characterset problems

pete pkarttun at siba.fi
Thu Aug 5 22:55:37 PDT 2004

Hello!

I'm having some problems with specialcharacters. The Rich Text editor gives
me "Unterminated string constant" - javascript errors, which i located to
emoticons.php:

        cell.appendChild(link);
        img = document.createElement('IMG')
        img.src = '/horde3/graphics/emoticons/cool.gif';
        img.align = 'middle';
        img.border = 0;
        link.appendChild(img);
                link = document.createElement('A');
        link.href = '#';
        link.onclick = function() {
            targetElement.value = targetElement.value + '8ާ + ' ';
The last line in the example gives an error. Is this a php-problem? I already
upgraded from 4.3.4 to 4.3.8. Which version should work then? With 4.2 - series
i had same kind of problems with htmlspecialchars.

Another characterset-related problem is that in Gollem where the file names,
which contain scandinavian letters, do not display correctly. The filename
comes correctly in header through if i download it, though.

framework and modules -cvs of 5.8.2004/Redhat 9/Apache 2.0.40/php 4.3.8

:pete