[horde] sybase support

Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Thu Aug 12 09:17:30 PDT 2004

Quoting Dmitry Petrov <riscpc at hotmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I know that Horde work find with Sybase. But for some odd reason conf.xml
> does not include a choice of sybase in the list of database.
>
> May be someone can submit a patch for that or at least advise how/what needs
> to be done for that?
>
> Regards,
> Dmitry

I'm not too sure about Sybase, but from what I understand it is not too
difficult. I use FreeTDS here (which supports Sybase natively) to access a
Microsoft SQL server for a custom horde application. If the sybase support
works as well as the MS-SQL support, you shouldn't have a problem. You could
also try using a MS-SQL server type, or manually specifying the complete
database dsn (hostspec://user:pass@host:port/dbname) As far as getting support
for freetds installed... umm... USE="freetds" emerge php :P

Coleman