[horde] php/horde doesn't find pear

Julián Muñoz jmunoz at softhome.net
Tue Aug 17 08:16:44 PDT 2004

Hello:

I've just installed php 4.3.8 and Horde 2.2.5.

It is not able to find pear, even if I configure well
/usr/local/php4/lib/php.ini with include_path=/usr/local/php4/lib/php.

/usr/local/php4/ is where I have installed php, and lib/php (relative to
the last one) is where php installs pear by default.

If installed the packages following the documentation (calling "pear
install <package>", with for example "./pear install Mail_Mime", from the
/usr/local/php4/bin/ directory), and everything seems to be ok (the binary
downloaded things and installed them).

But opening /horde/test.php still says:

(...)
PEAR

    * PEAR - No
    * Check your PHP include_path setting to make sure it has the PEAR
library directory.
    * Recent PEAR - No
    * Mail - No
    * Log - No
    * DB - No
    * Net_Socket - No
    * Date - No
    * HTML_Common/HTML_Select - No

And opening /horde/imp/ :

Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
in /usr/local/share/horde-2.2.5/lib/Registry.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
(include_path='/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in
/usr/local/share/horde-2.2.5/lib/Registry.php on line 13

Where is the problem ??

Could it be related with permissions, as I see that all the directories
from /usr/local/php4 have the "drwx--S---" permission, with owners
"root.staff", and for example I have
-rw-------    1 root     staff       30154 Aug 16 13:30 PEAR.php
/usr/local/php4/lib/php

But it should not, because the file /usr/local/php4/lib/php.ini is found
and interpreted (when I change include_path it is reflected on the error
message), so PEAR.php should be found also. ???

Many thanks,

Julian