[horde] Preferences

Peter Russell peterr at aidworld.org
Thu Aug 19 05:41:43 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm afraid this is a bit of a newbie question, I don't have much
experience with PHP.  I'm having a problem configuring Horde 2.2.5.

In order to troubleshoot a problem with the LDAP preferences back end I
want to be able to look at the logs.  There are two problems.

1.  There is another running version of Horde on this server.  They have
both been logging into /tmp/horde.log (or have both been configured to,
and the file does exist, see below).  I want to have my version log to a
different file.  I have changed config/horde.php to have it log into
/tmp/horde2.log.  However no file seems to be created.  I suspect that
my changes are being ignored (and this may also be the problem with
LDAP).  Is this likely to be the problem, and if so, is there some way
to force the config file to be reread?

2.  I don't have the right permisions to view the log file that has been
created, so I don't actually know if my version has been logging there.
Is there a way to cause Horde to create log files with different
permissions?  Perhaps with the "$conf['log']['params'] = array();"
line?  I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

Thanks very much for any help!