[horde] Uppgrading an exisiting horde installation

Thomas Nyman thomas at teg.pp.se
Fri Aug 27 00:57:47 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm a happy horde (2.2.5-1) user, running kronolith ( 1.1.2-1), imp (
3.2.5-1 ) and turba ( 1.2-5).

Now the thing is I would really like to be able to use the shared
calendar function, but as far as i can understand I need to get a
bleeding edge version from the cvs repository to do this.

I have looked on the horde site and done some googling but there are
certain elementary questions that I have difficulty finding an answer
to.

Question 1: Can I use bleeding edge kronolith with my exisiting
installation or do I need to uppgrade both the framework and the
exisiting modules?

Question 2: Do I have to make a new sql-database or can the old one be
used?

Question 3: Must I use the cvs or is there a tarball i can download?

Question 4: I have understood that to use the cvs I need to do "cvs -z3
co horde" then "cd horde/" then "cvs z3 co [module] after which I run
install_packages.php (assuming I cant keep exisiting installation).
After this I must create an Administrator, set the server
specifications in [module]/conf/sever.php and then log in as
administrator and do remaining config. Is this a correct understanding
of what I need to do, assuming I am going to keep the default settings
as far as layout etc?

Thomas