[horde] How to customize look/feel of Horde?

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Sep 6 17:00:15 PDT 2004

Quoting Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com>:

> I've searched to the best of my ability and haven't found what I'm
> looking for.  I've got a suspicion that it exists and I simply haven't
> looked in the right place.
>
> Subject gives an idea.  A howto or beginner's tutorial to customizing
> a Horde install would be a good start.  I've seen information on how
> to create themes, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for just
> yet.
>
> My first challenge is to get the "Welcome to Horde" banner on the login
> page to say "Welcome to <company name>'s webmail", and I can't figure
> out what the correct way to do that is for the life of me.
I'm not sure there is a correct way but you can change
horde/config/registry.php
by assigning a value to name or a variable or changing the
translation.  All three should work although I haven't tried the
translation.  An example that I have used follows:

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) {
   $vdomain =
strtolower(preg_replace('/^mail\.|^www\.|^www\.mail\./i', '',
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST
']));
} else {
   $vdomain='encontacto.net';
}

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
     'webroot' => $webroot,
     'initial_page' => 'login.php',
     'icon' => $webroot . '/graphics/horde.gif',
//   Change
//    'name' => _("Horde"),
     'name' => $vdomain,
     'status' => 'active',
     'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
     'provides' => 'horde'
);

You can also modify templates/login/login.inc around the
printf(_("Welcome to %s"),

The templates and themes should do just about anything that you
want.

I hope this helps,

ed