[horde] horde and mysql - too many connections

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Thu Sep 9 11:23:06 PDT 2004

Hello -

I recently started getting this error message in horde/imp

[horde] DB Error: connect failed:
    [nativecode=Link to server lost,
     unable to reconnect] ** Array [on line 108 of
    "/local/horde-2.2.5/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]

I did some research and this is a mysql error indicating the server is out
of connections.  Stopping / starting the mysql server process temporarily
fixes the problem.

If I look at 'SHOW PROCESSLIST' on the mysql server, I see hundreds of
horde connections in the "Sleep" start with NULL info.

I am running horde-2.2.5 with imp-3.2.4.

I am thinking that we are not getting a mysql_close(); function being
called somewhere, so the connection to mysql from horde stays open, but I
am not sure where to look for this.

Is this a problem with mysql or with horde?  Any ideas / suggestions on
where to start with how to fix this?

--

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology