[horde] Help with cookies and firefox

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 15:04:13 PDT 2004

Hi dear list!

Can anybody help me with firefox and accepting cookies?

My horde instalation wants to start the session correctly with setting the
session cookie.

# lynx -head -dump "http://localhost/horde/imp/login.php"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:40:56 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)
Set-Cookie: horde=65578b529c8a9efc3ddc5d4417837b88; path=/; domain=localhost
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Vary: Accept-Language
Connection: close

The Set-Cookie header line seems to be alright. Opera and konqueror are
accepting this cookie without problem and are using session based cookies.

Firefox (using 1.0PR here) doesn't accept the cookie (cannot find it in the
list of cookies in the preferences -> privacy box) and the session goes on
with url-based session handling which I do not want.

Do I make something wrong which opera and konqueror tolerates and firefox
don't?

I'm using a Horde 3.0 cvs installation from July, but I don't think the horde
version is the problem. I think of a browser specific problem, not a fault of
horde, but I have not found anything by using google or mailing list
archives.

Any hint's appreciated.

Thank you all!

Daniel