[horde] new icons

Daniel Vandal dvandal at infoteck.qc.ca
Wed Sep 29 07:27:19 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if this would work, but this is my idea about this problem :

>> I really want to use PNG:s instead of GIF:s. Do I have to hack Horde and
>> the other applications and replace foo.gif with foo.png?

> Ah, I didn't think of that. This is getting hairy. Does anyone has a nice
> idea how to handle this?

Idea : Modify the Horde::img() function to auto-detect (using something like
the PHP "file_exists()" function) the file extension when none is specified.
But, if you put the extension, he will directly use the specified file (The
function would act exactly like now).

Example :
- If we actually have "Horde::img('edit.gif', _("Edit"))", this would become
"Horde::img('edit', _("Edit"))" (without any file extension) ... So the
script would auto-detect if the file available is a PNG or a GIF.
- If we put "Horde::img('edit.gif', _("Edit"))", the Horde::img() function
will act exactly as now.

Daniel Vandal
dvandal at infoteck.qc.ca