[horde] Searchable Identities

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Sep 30 20:43:58 PDT 2004

Quoting Richard Wallace <rwallace at thewallacepack.net>:

> I'm curious what anyone thinks about this.  How would you all approach
> this problem?  Would there be interest in a datatree backend for Identities?

Well, I would encourage you to take advantage of the fact that you
*could* drop
in a custom contact manager for Turba if you wanted using Horde's registry/api
system. That will probably be the quickest way for you to get what you want, I
think.

I think the neatest way would be twofold - add a DataTree backend to Turba,
which might allow different kinds of objects to be stored in it with different
sets of attributes for each, and then to allow Turba to be used as an Identity
backend.

-chuck

Quincy Adams