[horde] Forbid acces to horde

Maciek Borowka mborowka at clever-age.com
Tue Oct 5 05:22:13 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 of October 2004 12:06, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Maciek Borowka <mborowka at clever-age.com>:
> > I am perhaps missing something obvious here, but how can I forbid the
> > access to the /horde/ directory and only leave the /horde/turba/ for
> > example? I would like to provide users with an access to an application,
> > but without giving them the complete portal (I am talking about Horde
> > CVS) with the menu and so on... Playing with registry.php doesn't help...
>
> This is not possible ATM.
>
> Jan.

I found a way. Pretty hackish, indeed, but it seems to work.

1. Create a virtual host and point the DocumentRoot it to /horde/APP
2. Configure horde webroot = '/', cookie prefix = '/'
3. Create a symlink  /horde/APP/APP =>  /horde/APP and put "Options
FollowSymLinks" to .htaccess

It works now, but all the links are of form: server/APP/. What I need now is a
little RewriteRule (in order to hide APP in urls) and it should be ok.

The downside is that I cannot use the files from /horde/service/ directory
(namely problem.php), but I can live with it. My "APP" is also an
authentication handler, so I don't need horde/login.php. I don't really see
any other problem I could have with such an infrastructure...

Thanks a lot for all your work, by the way. It's quite a pleasure to work with
Horde framework!
./Maciek

--
Maciek Borowka             http://www.clever-age.com
Clever Age Polska - Doradztwo i uslugi informatyczne