[horde] Re: Horde CVS Slow!

Wang, Yu ywang at unf.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:29:21 PDT 2004

Maybe an imapproxy from http://www.imapproxy.org/ will help.

--Yu Wang

Information Technology Services
University of North Florida
(904) 620-2820

-----Original Message-----
From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org
[mailto:horde-bounces at lists.horde.org]On Behalf Of Francesco Consumi
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 5:21 PM
To: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [horde] Re: Horde CVS Slow!

Scrive Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> All you can do is figure out where it's slow, what specifically is slow, and
> come to us with specific code or reproducible things to optimize.

the slower operation is opening messages: about *5* seconds to open, in an
optimal situation: when I'm the only user on the server and a 100 mbit network
for me only.

The other views: calendar, notes, mail folders, etc aren't so slow. When the
message is being opened, the apache2 process goes up to 100% of cpu time, for
about 3/4 seconds. The others processes (mysqld, imapd, etc) are quite idle.

Turck mmcache makes any difference, replacing mbox with maildir hasn't
been made
any difference.

the older horde (CVS 6 month ago) was a lot faster, used by 150 users without
speed problems.

any other suggestion ?

many many thanks for the help.

--