[horde] Adding users? newbie needs help

Charles Read charles at charlesread.com
Mon Oct 11 15:05:20 PDT 2004

Thanks for the link!

This (below) is a portion of the horde.php file that I edited to suit
what I think is right.  I didn't set up a username or password (dont
really know how) for the horde database so I don't know if that portion
of the following is relevant.  The install file said nothing about
editing this file though...

// What preferences driver should we use? Valid values are 'none'
// (meaning use system defaults and don't save any user preferences),
// 'session' (preferences only persist during the login), 'ldap',
// and 'sql'.
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

// This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
// The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

Should I put sql in this directive below?

// What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? Valid
// options are currently 'imap', 'ldap', 'mcal', 'sql', 'ftp', 'smb',
// 'krb5' and 'radius'.
$conf['auth']['driver'] = '';

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!