[horde] finding size of a mailbox?

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 21 02:09:09 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Adrian Chadd <adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au>:
>
> >Is there some little call in CVS Horde I can make to find out how big
> >a mailbox is in bytes?
> >
> >I've found calls to find out how many read/unread/total messages there
> >are, but not something which returns the size of the entire mailbox.
>
> Not in Horde, but in IMP. See lib/Quota*.

Ah, yes, i meant IMP. I'm sorry.

I looked at that but this assumes we're running with some form of quota
support. We're running dovecot on our mail servers.

I don't strictly need the quota information, just an idea of how big
a given mailbox is. At the moment I'm leaning towards writing something
to fetch the "index" for a given mailbox and then adding the message
sizes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look at?

--
Adrian Chadd				The University of Western Australia
<adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au>			CRICOS: 00126G