[horde] finding size of a mailbox?

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 21 22:22:19 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au>:
>
> >I don't strictly need the quota information, just an idea of how big
> >a given mailbox is. At the moment I'm leaning towards writing something
> >to fetch the "index" for a given mailbox and then adding the message
> >sizes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look at?
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imap-mailboxmsginfo.php

Thanks, but I've already looked at the php imap calls
I just wanted to know if there was something in IMP I could call
to do this, which would work with both IMAP and POP3.
I really don't like changes which may cause headaches for the
poor sods who inherit my code :-)

Is there somewhere in IMP I can extract this? If not, where would the
best place be to add in this feature so I can at least "fail" for pop3?
I'm still fumbling my way around the IMP Mailbox classes, I'm having
trouble even reliably obtaining an index for a mailbox.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd				The University of Western Australia
<adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au>			CRICOS: 00126G