[horde] Horde Installation Problem, username authentication

Dan Porter danp at cybergolf.com
Fri Oct 22 22:55:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

As I understand it from the documentation, once I have copied the .dist
config files to .php, I should be able to go to http://mysite/horde and
not have to log in as the administrator:
You can now enter Horde with your browser without logging in as an
administrator. Click on Configuration in the Administration menu and
configure Horde. You should first configure a real authentication
backend, and make sure to enter a valid user name for the selected
backend into the administrators list. Continue to configure Horde
through all the tabs of the configuration interface and click on
Generate Horde Configuration.

This does not seem to be true.  I am presented with a login prompt and
do not know what to input.

I then tried setting up authentication with mysql and encountered other
errors and figured I was doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Dan Porter
danp at cybergolf.com