[horde] Upgrading problems...

Michael Pelletier mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com
Sat Oct 30 21:03:30 PDT 2004

I still have not been able to cvs upgrade for about three weeks. Here is the
problem.

1) After using cvs to upgrade the code the left menu does not work. There are no
errors or warnings. The java console does not illuminate anything.
2) Previously it worked without a problem
3) Both IE and Netscape, now, have the same problem, no left menu

I have no idea what the problem is. I am at a loss...

Chuck I have looked at the list on MARC and I have copied the source code from
the left menu frame. The code is below:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/frameset.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Horde</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><LINK
href="/horde/themes/horde/graphics/favicon.ico"
rel="SHORTCUT ICON"></HEAD><FRAMESET id=hf border=0 frameSpacing=0 frameBorder=0
cols=175,*><FRAME name=horde_menu marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0
src="/horde/services/portal/menu.php" frameBorder=0 noResize><FRAME
name=horde_main marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0
src="https://www.mjpelletier.com/horde/login.php?frameset=1" frameBorder=0
noResize scrolling=yes></FRAMESET></HTML>

Quoting Michael Pelletier <mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com>:

> I tried last week to upgrade via cvs. I had a problem with the left menu
> (displaying the Horde, Mail, Organizing, etc). The menu was not able to be
> displayed after upgrading. I tried about an hour ago to cvs the source code
> again but I had the same problem. Again, the left frame/menu would
> not display. Has anyone else had this problem?

Various people have seen it at various times. Without getting an error message
(check your javascript console), that's all I can tell you.

-chuck

     Michael J. Pelletier
 mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com
     www.mjpelletier.com