[horde] Horde 3.0-BETA
jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 2 05:33:58 PST 2004
The Horde Team is excited to announce the first beta release of the Horde
Application Framework Version 3.0.
The Horde Application Framework is a modular, general-purpose web application
framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of classes that are
targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in developing modern web
This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems. This
version is considered feature and API complete but there are still a few
issues, some of which are listed below. You should not use this preview
version over existing production data.
We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
will still change before the final release.
The major changes compared to the Horde 3.0-ALPHA version are:
* Global personal categories and category colors.
* Access keys.
* Support for forced SSL logins.
* Dynamically updating and extendable menu tree.
* Identity management in all supported applications.
* Context menus and table toolbar for rich text editor.
* Support for theme-based icon sets.
* Themeable elements grouped in one directory per application.
* Icons switched to PNG format.
* User management if using IMAP authentication and a supported IMAP
* Support for removing user data from the various backends.
* Rewritten Cache API.
* New generic MIME viewers for text/html and message/rfc822 mime types.
* Full XHTML compliant link generation.
* Support for RFC 2231 encoding.
* Persian translation.
* Upgrade instructions and scripts have not been written yet.
* The very young Horde_Date and Horde_Relationship APIs are still subject
* If inserting invalid data in a tabbed form (e.g. the configuration
interface), the tab with the errors is not selected.
The full list of changes (from version 3.0-ALPHA) can be viewed here:
The Horde 3.0-BETA distribution is available from the following locations:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
More information about the horde