[horde] Upgrading problems...

mlists at konjz.org mlists at konjz.org
Tue Nov 9 07:10:35 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:08:37PM -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting mlists at konjz.org:
>
> >On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:10:44PM -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I tried last week to upgrade via cvs. I had a problem with the left menu
> >>(displaying the Horde, Mail, Organizing, etc). The menu was not able to be
> >>displayed after upgrading. I tried about an hour ago to cvs the source
> >>code
> >>again but I had the same problem. Again, the left frame/menu would
> >>not display.
> >>Has anyone else had this problem?
> >>

> >I have the same, or similar problem. Here is what I have so far:
> >
> >If I set horde to authenticate via LDAP, and imp via IMAP, all is fine.
> >As everyone knows, this makes me have to log in twice, once into
> >horde, once into imp. But left menu is there.
> >
> >If I set horde to authenticate via LDAP, and imp via horde (by setting
> >hordeauth to full in imp/config/servers.php), left menu doesn't
> >display.
> >
> >Same if I set horde to authenticate via IMAP, and imp via horde.
> >
> >If I set horde to authenticate via imp, and imp via IMAP, there is
> >also no left menu.
> >
> >After looking at the back end for a couple of days, I'm unable to see
> >any other patern.
> >
> >This is a fresh install, no upgrade, using cvs (syncing daily pretty
> >much).
> >
> >Also, if I log in as horde, which is a horde admin, the left menu
> >displays. No other user displays, no matter what I do in LDAP.
> >
> >I hope this helps you guys. If I can give any other info to help, I
> >would be glad to. I did check Javascripts console, and see no
> >differences in the output / errrors (there are a couple, about
> >setFocus, I can paste if needed) between login.php, and once I log in.
> >This is using Firefox 0.8 on obsd. I've tested everything using that,
> >and also Firefox and IE on win2k.
>
> This most likely was caused by problems with IMAP_Tree, which have been
> fixed in
> the past few days.

Thanks for your reply. I last cvs updated last night, before I sent the
mail. But to be sure, in case my tree has some bad cruft, I've renamed
it, and checked out horde, framework and imp modules after reading your
email, and then installed framework first. I'm still unable to see the
left menu, as soon as I set hordeauth to full in servers.php, for
example.

Bruno