[horde] PHP Fatal error: Undefined class name 'pear'

Mark Elvers mark.elvers at beckett-tele.com
Thu Nov 11 08:26:15 PST 2004

Hi, I'm running on a Slackware 9.1 distribution using a compiled PHP
4.3.8.  I checkouted the framework and horde, and imp code yesterday
evening.  The http://my_server/horde/test.php reports favourable results.

When I visit http://my_server/horde, I get the Welcome Administrator page
with the menu on the left just as I would expect.  Next I click Setup, and
then Horde, and I get the main configuration page.  Next (whether I change
any settings or not), I click on "Generate Horde Configuration".  This
clear the right hand frame and leaves me with nothing.  In
/var/log/apache/error.log I get:

[Thu Nov 11 15:09:19 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Undefined class name
'pear' in /usr/lib/php/Horde/Token/file.php on line 138

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark