[horde] Form & Variable Classes - Hidden Variables

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Thu Nov 18 13:41:31 PST 2004

This is starting to wear on me, but I think I'm making progress.  One of
the things I noticed that I just wanted to toss out to see what your
thought process was, is regarding the Form Renderer.  The thing that
strikes me as odd is that there is not <input type="hidden" ...> if you
do an addHidden(), because there is no Horde_Form_Type_hidden, just like
there is for _text, _enum etc.  To be consistent and make life easy,
shouldn't there be a Horde_Form_Type_hidden?  Then all the references to
the checks for $this->_hiddenVariables can be eliminated.

To me, there is already a great layout for variable types, so adding
this shouldn't be too difficult at all.  Additionally, if one wants to
the renderer as it is now, there's no way to pass hidden variables to
another form since the browser isn't processing them at all.

Thoughts?

-Mike