[horde] Themes, defaults and availability

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Nov 19 05:12:50 PST 2004

Zitat von Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se>:

> Two questions regarding the handling of themes:
>
> 1) How do I set-up a "default" theme properly? Right now, I have
> "wps_sober" in
> the prefs-field in the Horde configuration. When I go to the login
> screen, it's
> drawn using the theme located in the wps_sober directory as it
> should. But, for
> my own user, I had another theme specified. So I went to change the
> theme.. and
> I'm given a list of choices, of which two has me puzzled.. "Default"
> and "FooDoo
> Standard" ("FooDoo" is the name of the Horde installation).
> Regardless of what I
> choose from those two, I'm presented with the default Horde-theme
> (i.e. the dark
> blue one). I thought I'd get the wps_sober theme, since that's what I've told
> Horde to be my default theme.. ??

This is indeed confusing. I'd suggest that we don't use the Horde "name" for
the Horde theme, but really call it (hardcoded) "Horde".
"Default" or "Standard" should change to the default theme as specified in
prefs.php.

> 2) I'd like the ability to control access to the various themes
> through Horde's
> auth/permissions mechanism; is that possible? Or should I post this as an
> enhancement suggestion on bugs.horde.org?

I don't think I would accept such a patch, that sounds like too much
overhead to me.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/