[horde] Horde 3.0-rc2 SOAP and PEAR, serializing bug?

Rafael Varela Pet srrafa at usc.es
Fri Nov 26 04:06:02 PST 2004

Hi,

Thanks to Jan my SOAP request seems to work, but now I'm having another
problem that does not seem related to horde, but I would like to confirm
this point.

This is my scenario:

horde-3.0-rc2
turba-h3-2.0-rc2
PEAR SOAP 0.8RC3 module:

This is the client request using SOAP-Lite:

use SOAP::Lite;

$proxy = 'http://user:pass@server/horde/rpc.php';

$res = SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('urn:horde')
    -> proxy($proxy)
    -> call( 'contacts.sources', 1 );

This is the response I get. It returns only empty items:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
 xmlns:ns4="urn:horde"
<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<ns4:contacts.sourcesResponse>
<return xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[2]"
SOAP-ENC:offset="[0]">
<item/>
<item/></return></ns4:contacts.sourcesResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Putting some "var_dump" commands in turba/api/lib.php and horde/rpc.php
its clear that the appropiate method in the Turba API it's being called
and it is returning the expected values:

Sources: array(2) {
  ["localsql"]=>
  string(14) "My Addressbook"
  ["prefs"]=>
  string(20) "Private Address Book"
}

I've seen that Jan has submitted (at least) a patch regarding
(De-)Serializing problems with arrays in the PEAR SOAP module, but this
patch does not apply completely to the 0.8RC3 version.

so the questions are:

do you think that this problem related to a bug in the PEAR SOAP module?
what version of PEAR SOAP are you using?

Regards,

Rafael Varela Pet
Area de Tecnoloxías da Información e Comunicacións

Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela
http://www.usc.es/saus